It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Lil Helper is partnering with Diaper-Eez in Toronto to participate in the Great Cloth Diaper Change on April 23rd, 2016.
What is the GCDC?
One of the questions crossing our desks most frequently* this month is:
What is the GCDC and how can I get in on it?
The Great Cloth Diaper Change is an opportunity to increase awareness about reusable cloth diapers. This is a worldwide event involving many countries, languages, and approaches to cloth diapering.
What’s common to all the participants?
Our belief that cloth is the way to go for diapering one’s child. On April 23rd at 10am (local time, so somewhere someone’s NOT having to get up at 2am for this!) we gather at our local events and change the reusable diaper sported by participating children.
Join us for our GCDC EVENT!
There are GCDC events happening all over the world!
If you can’t join us in Toronto at Diaper-eez, click here to find a GCDC event near you.
For our event, there will be goodies, door prizes (and as a BONUS, we’ll have some incentives for all participants to bring a friend (or five) who need a little convincing. We’ll make sure to send a thank you for anyone who can switch a friend over to cloth (and something for your friend, too).
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Each participant (adult over the age of 18) must be paired with one child 39 inches or shorter.
- Each child must be changed into a cloth, reusable diaper that can be purchased online, at a brick & mortar store, or is offered through a diaper service. It does not matter what type of diaper a child arrives in.
- At the sound of a loud start signal, all participants must remove their child’s diaper and properly put on a 100% reusable cloth diaper.
- Before the signal to start, each participant should hold the clean diaper they will change the baby into high in the air. The photographer should take “before” shots.
- At the signal to start, each participant should change his or her child’s diaper. No photographs or video should be taken at this time.
- When the diaper change is complete, each participant should hold their freshly changed child in the air. The photographer should take “after shots”. The timekeeper determines when all diaper changes have occurred. There is no set amount of time within which the change should take place.
- Any participant who does not properly complete the task must be deducted from the total.
- Diaper-eez – 2309 Bloor Street West, Toronto, ON M6S 1P1, Canada – View Map
We’re looking forward to see you on the 23rd!
*the other most frequent question was a request for my brownie recipe. Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want a copy.