Going back to the countless hours spent with our amazing design team, developing the lilhelper diaper from the initial phases to our current design was an adventure in itself. Hundreds of ideas were thrown around- and as engineers, we have to say that creative thinking is one of our strong suits.
We had come up with unique concepts such as putting a moisture sensor in the diaper to detect diaper change times, to experimenting with all sorts of absorbent materials to see which outperforms what is currently on the market. It’s probably for the best that we don’t have a picture of our first model,the hybrid “Mark1”. Here we were experimenting with an idea using a detachable plastic insert cradle, and a cotton outer shell.
An absorbent liner, either flushable or non, would be placed into the cradle creating a fitting shell. This diaper didn’t have the look or function that we were after, and was abandoned as a result. Never ones to sit idle, we went back to the drawing board and finally arrived at our close to final and final designs, the Mark2 and Mark3.
We took all the best features from the first phase, managing to keep the concept of the detachable insert, but modified things so that we now could provide a small liner for the smaller diaper sizes and a large liner for the bigger ones. Giving the option to use both liners together for that extra absorbency was something we really felt was important to incorporate here.
This is just one of the many features we introduced, and in the final Mark3, we simply just improved the materials used and the overall looks of the diaper.
The label on this version was converted to the horizontal, organic cotton label we have on all of our latest diapers.
Just take a look though the site to get the best understanding possible of what all the features are, and we are so totally confident that you will be satisfied with what we have on offer, that if you have any complaints, just let us know and we’ll do whatever is required to address your concerns.