Thanks goes to Sharon of Diaper-eez for the steps outlined in this post! Thanks Sharon!
Here’s an idea you’ll snap right up!
Every once in a while in life you come across someone who changes your world for the better. That person is me. You are welcome!
I discovered how to make a Lil Helper one size cloth diaper fit a newborn and allow your baby’s freshly minted belly button to breathe.
I came up with this idea all by myself while snapping a Lil Helper diaper on a fake baby for the 1000th time. Oh yes, this my day job- I guide parents through the soft and squishy world of cloth diapers at the best cloth diaper store in
Toronto, no Ontario, Canada, yup, Best Cloth Diaper in Canada – Diaper-eez.
Alright so I may not have come up with it completely on my own, but I discovered how to adapt it to work amazingly well on our favourite cloth diaper- Lil Helper.
- Use only the small insert with your one-size Lil Helper Cloth Diaper.
- Leave the front of the insert unsnapped and just snap the back.
- Snap the diaper to the middle setting using the 3 rows of snaps on the front.
- Fold the front flap of the diaper down just above the bottom row of snaps. (Pic A)
- Holding the sides of the diaper, snap the side snaps into the first and last bottom row snaps. (Pic B)
- Take the right side of the diaper (female snaps) and snap into the middle (ignore the inner snap above). Then take the other side of the diaper and snap it onto the right side of the cover into the female snap. (Pic C & D)
See! Wasn’t that a snap? Alright, snap out of it and snap to it!
What? You don’t have a cloth diaper for your newborn?
You can solve the problem in less than 2 minutes by going here and getting some of your own fabulous Lil Helper Cloth Diapers.