5 Steps to Getting Insta-worthy Cloth Diaper Photos

header image featuring a toddler holding a toy camera, with the words '5 steps for getting insta-worthy cloth diaper photos' over top. By Lilhelper.ca blog
Hi guys! Tamara here again! I have a confession: 90% of my Instagram feed is made up of cloth diapering parents and their adorable, cloth-diapered babes (the other 10% is french bulldog puppies and pugs).

Some of these accounts have literally thousands of followers, and the engagement on each of their images is through the roof! Have you ever wondered how they do it? I am here today to share 5 steps to getting instaworthy cloth diaper photos of your own, so wipe those sticky fingerprints off your lenses & phones, charge up your batteries, and read on!

.gif of instagram 'likes' counter going up by LilHelper.ca blog

Read More

Cluster Feeding Survival Tips

cluster feeding survival tips - blog header image featuring a sleeping baby with a toy bunny. image is in black and white.
Hey all! My name is Jessica. I am very lucky to have a chunky 5-month-old boob monster who inspired this post (she’s awesome) and a fantastic husband who indulges my LilHelper obsession!

Cluster feeding, otherwise known as don’t-plan-anything-because-you-won’t-get-off-the-couch time. Cluster feeding is when babies space feedings closer. This is normal and can be experienced day or night. If you have twins, it is often referred to as bed camping and you will soon learn why.

Read on for our cluster feeding survival tips!

Read More

It’s Mother’s Day Already?

is it mothers day already? blog header from lilhelper.ca blog - photo of a mom hugging her toddler who is standing, wearing an orange lil helper cloth diaperI can’t believe how much more quickly time passes as a parent. It’s crazy that Mother’s Day is less than a week away!

I swear it was just yesterday my oldest was born but she’s almost eight, so I know my perception of time is warped. Days blur together in the best way where I can only remember all the sweet moments. The moments where my girls will come up to me out of the blue and tell me they love me. Conveniently, I don’t remember the time that they flooded their bedroom with soap and water when I asked them to clean it. Oh wait, I do remember, but I look back on it and laugh.

There are some days where I am so eager for bedtime. Days that I’m fixated on the clock to see if I can finally get a break. Parenting is HARD!

Read More