Our Facebook fan, Mary recently asked us….
Why We Love Charcoal Bamboo Fabric…
A lil on How It’s Made
Charcoal bamboo is 100% organic, burned inside an oven at temperatures over 1000°C (1800°F).
This process creates a nanoparticle bamboo charcoal powder, which is then spun into organic bamboo fabric. 1 nanometer is 1 billionth of a meter.
Just 1 gram of this powder has a surface area about 1 tenth the size of a football field, giving it outstanding absorption properties.
The powder acts much like carbon in a filtration system, where activated particles bind to organic waste and help remove it. Means your diapers will be that much cleaner thanks to the bamboo charcoal.
The same powder is used in environmental applications for drinking water filtration, air purification, and spill cleanup.
Bamboo Charcoal is:
• Naturally deodorizing
• Dark color doesn’t show stains
A lil More on Why Bamboo…
How does it compare to typical organic bamboo or organic cotton fibers?
Because the powder is spun into organic fabric to produce this textile, it retains much of the original benefits of the original fabric, but gains the above added properties as well. So it outperforms in terms of absorbency, hypoallergenicity, and deodorization – plus anti-bacterial properties. AND it’s still organic!
Why not cotton or other fabrics?
The bamboo raw material used in our fabric is natural growth, without use of chemical pesticides, indicating it’s organic. In addition, Oko-Tex standard 100 sets strict standards for the amount of harmful substances contained in textiles, which is what our bamboo products adhere to.
Compared to fields of cotton or stands of trees, there are a lot of environmental advantages to using bamboo.
First, bamboo grows very rapidly, a few days or weeks harvest being equivalent to an entire season’s harvest of cotton. It does this with far less irrigation than that required for cotton, making it less of a drain on our resources.
In the case of trees, which when cut, take decades to regrow, the renewability is even more apparent. Bamboo stabilizes the earth through it’s roots much more so than cotton, preventing erosion, and produces 35% more oxygen than the same sized stand of trees.
Still don’t get the benefits of bamboo?
Our diapers possess the following spectacular qualities:
• All our diapers are AI2 (All In Two); meaning our diapers include the waterproof cover and absorbency all in one but unlike true AIO diapers they wash and dry more effectively saving you time and money• They are all One-Size, thus the same diaper will fit your munchkin from approx. 7-35lbs
• The outer layer is made from completely waterproof, yet breathable materials – no grandmas plastic pants here!
• Each diaper includes a waterproof shell and two detachable liners. The liners have 7 layers of absorbent cloth, that could soak up oil spills – absorbency in even our original diaper beats out any of the competition.
• The two detachable liners come in two sizes: big and small, and the small can be used individually together with the large depending on time of day or the temperament of your kiddo’s digestive tract – something no one else has